As if COVID-19 weren't enough, now we're dealing with heatwaves and tropical storms that can be costly and even deadly.
Join us for a free webinar on Wednesday, August 5 at 6pm to learn about resources that can help us weather the weather, including:
* Free air conditioner / fan program & who's eligible
* Cooling centers and how to find them
* How to recognize heat exhaustion and heat stroke, and what to do
* How to request a shade-giving tree for your street
* Ways to reduce utility costs
* What to do if your home or belongings are damaged by wind or water
Offered by NHS Brooklyn and the NYC Dept. of Health & Mental Hygiene.