BuildingWorks is a pre-apprenticeship training program that prepares individuals for a union apprenticeship. Download the application below and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org (NOT US!!!) by 12 noon on Wed., June 24.
The summer 2020 training course will be conducted remotely (on the computer), and training will begin July 6 and run through August 14. The curriculum includes virtual instruction covering job readiness and worker safety training.
Successful BuildingWorks graduates can be selected to begin a 4-year union apprenticeship in carpentry, securing an attractive benefit package and earning potential.
1. THIS TRAINING IS NOT RESTRICTED TO NYCHA RESIDENTS!
2. Applications will be accepted by email only (even though the website says by mail).
3. Download the application below.
4. When filling in the application form, please write "NHS BROOKLYN" in response to "How did you hear about BuildingWorks?"
5. Email the application and copy of your high school diploma or GED by 12 noon on Wed., 6/24 to:
6. DEADLINE! The deadline to submit a completed application with a copy of High School Diploma (HSD) or GED is Wed., June 24, 2020 by 12 noon.
7. For more information about the program (although some of it is not correct), go here.
8. Send questions to: email@example.com. Please do not call NHS Brooklyn about this program. This is only a courtesy post. GOOD LUCK!